Visitors to the U.S.

We’re Glad You’re Here!

Welcome! Siouxland immigration attorney, Revathi R. Truong and legal assistant, Ada Buenrostro, are both children of parents who immigrated to America. Because of this, we understand the joy and excitement that comes with travel to the United States. Americans genuinely welcome visitors to our great nation, and offer them opportunities to travel, to visit family members, to do business or to seek medical treatment while they are here. If you are a visitor and wish to extend your current visa or change your immigrant status, we would love to help you.

For these short visits to the U.S. for travel, to visit loved ones, to conduct business or for medical treatment, you must have a B-1 Business Visa or B-2 Visitor Visa.

Citizens from a specified list of countries may not require a B-1 or B-2 visa if the duration of their visit is under 90 days. They may instead take advantage of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Not all countries are eligible for the program, and not all visitors from the eligible countries are allowed to use the VWP. Immigration attorney Revathi R. Truong can offer assistance and advice concerning your travel options. Contact our office today.

The B-1 Visa, or “Business Visa,” does not allow you to obtain employment or engage in educational studies while in the U.S., but is intended for activities related to commercial transactions, including:

  • Meeting with business contacts
  • Attending conventions or conferences for scientific, educational, professional or business purposes
  • Estate settlement
  • Contract negotiations

Contact Immigration attorney Revathi R. Truong if you have questions about your current B-1 Visa or wish to apply for a B-1 Visa extension. We would be happy to assist you in any way we can, and encourage you not to wait until your current visa is set to expire before taking action!

If you are in the U.S. visiting family or friends, are a tourist, are a patient seeking medical care or are participating in a special event, you must have a B-2 Tourist Visa. Basically, your visit is temporary.

The office of immigration attorney Revathi R. Truong can assist you in understanding the rules surrounding your Tourist Visa, and help you apply for a change of immigrant status or obtain an extension on your visa. Contact our office today and we’d be happy to help you in any way we can. We encourage you not to wait until your current visa is due to expire to begin the extension process.

Your dream. Our purpose.

Whether you are visiting the United States for business, pleasure or for medical reasons, Revathi R. Truong, immigration attorney, can help you navigate the often-confusing rules surrounding your B-1 or B-2 visa. Revathi and her legal assistant, Ada Buenrostro, have a keen understanding of the visa process and are passionate about assisting foreign visitors who wish to extend their stays in the country. Ms. Buenrostro is fluent in Spanish, and helps with communication between our Spanish speaking clients and the firm.